4.08.2010

Chester, Chester, Child 'Star

Never really thought I could write a 15 page paper, to be honest. It just seems like one of those things that only people who are genuinely concerned with the very nature of writing could do.
Like, people come to your high school every few months during your junior and senior year to chastise you for complaining about a 5 page paper, and they always say
"You should be happy. As soon as you get to college, boom. You're gonna be begging for 5 page papers."

I'm gonna take this moment to call them all functional illiterates. Or call myself a dysfunctional literate. Either way, someone's got problems.

For starters, no...I would never beg for a paper of any length. If you want to know just how serious I am, consider this: my application to UMich was delayed for [precisely] 3 weeks (21 days) because I didn't feel like writing the 500 word pre-admission essay for the Ross School of Business (for good reason, as I knew I wasn't in there).

I hate writing. I do. I'm sure my extra lengthy for no reason at all blogs might have you questioning that, but rest assured: writing sucks my soul out.

Now, back to this 15 page research paper about...video games.

No comments: