4.05.2010

Just Call It a Come Ack.

I never really knew what the B stood for, anyhow, but fuck a blog. Lol

Having given up on social networks, I can't be true to form if I use this for anything big. It's just a log. Not a Blog, in the traditional sense. Not a place to put my soul on blast or something, I plan on having friends for that, at least by the time I'm done with this shit. That be the whole point. Not name-dropping, shit talking, virtual crying or anything of the sort. The bulletin board so that I remember the questions I'm, at the end of the day, seeking to answer and, eventually, the answers I had the audacity to question. Lol. Put that in your pipe and smoke, it, future employers!

So, to that end, where the hell did this all come from? Lol
To be honest, it was another whim's decision, brought to you by the good people at Taq Nation. Lol.
I saw, on Facebook, the return of someone who'd given up FB for Lent, and circumstances well within my control dictated I take a nap from the public eye. It all really started with the death of my Formspring's credibility.

That's that, the rest, as they say, is history in the making.

I'm really interested to test a theory of mine, and it won't be any less effective if the few people who entertain this blog know what it is.

I think that the existence of a Facebook, of itself, makes people feel so close that they forget that they're not close. The telephone, maybe. Text messaging, maybe too. But those are forms of communication that we've grown to accept in their place. Facebook, I think, inspires lack of communication and creates that very same lack as a form of communication.

Ain't that a bitch?

Like, you feel so close to your friends, and feel that they must too feel so close to you, that the responsibility of contacting one another is constantly tossed from side to side.

"I see [friend] is logged on to Facebook chat, therefore they must be choosing not to talk to me right now."
"Oh, you can tweet, but you can't reply to my text?"
"Hello in person = text message = hand written letter = @reply = FB message = telegram = affection"
"We're not FB friends -or- they don't follow me on Twitter, so we aren't friends."

^all those mentalities are the ones I'm seeking to rid myself of by getting rid of my social networking outlets.

Good luck to me, then, and I hope to see you all on the other side of the boob tube.

Taq

No comments: